Friday, 30 September 2011

Rosemary Ranch Chicken Thighs



This is one of those perfect week night supper ideas that's easy and tasty! You've gotta love a supper dish that you can easily and quickly prep in the morning while still in your jammies!!

Just because I've gone back to work part-time doesn't mean that I want to skimp on the quality or nutrition in the dishes that I serve my family. I still want to create new dishes in the kitchen but I'm a realist too and know that I don't have the time most days to do major prep work for supper. Four out of five week nights have got to be easy or prepped ahead of time so I can quickly and easily feed m'family. {Note: in certain, occasional, even rare instances -- for example .... um .... tonight -- chicken nuggets and fries will be served but only in dire circumstances (or when I'm just plum tired and didn't follow my meal plan). Don't judge.}

I was pleasantly surprised at just how tasty this chicken turned out. I wasn't expecting it to taste nasty but I didn't expect to love it so much either. This chicken was uber tasty and even got two 'This is really good, Laurie!' comments from Brad . I do so love 'yummy noises' from my peeps. I will say that there's definitely a nice subtle tang to this marinade and the aroma is divine. As soon as I opened up the Ziploc bag to give my Personal BBQer (ie Brad) the chicken thighs to grill I had to take a moment (and take another whiff) because it smelled heavenly!!! And after Brad had them grilled to perfection? They were wonderfully flavoured, juicy and tender!!

I used 12 thighs for this recipe hoping that I'd have extra chicken to use in another dish. Since we had 5 thighs leftover (two of my little humans aren't huge meat eaters) I used them in a delicious salad that I'll share with you all soon.

Rosemary Ranch Chicken Thighs
1/3 cup grapeseed oil or vegetable oil
1/2 cup ranch dressing (I used Kraft Three Cheese Ranch)
3 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
3 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp salt
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp white vinegar
1/4 -1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp white sugar
12 chicken thighs, boneless & skinless

In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken. Mix well and let stand for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, place chicken in a large Ziploc storage bag -- make sure that each thigh is opened flat before you place it in the bag so that the marinade can get all over each piece. Pour marinade into the bag and close securely. Massage the chicken to ensure that the marinade coats each thigh. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours. If possible, massage the chicken every few hours to ensure that the chicken is marinated evenly. If you don't have time, don't worry about it. :)

Preheat BBQ to medium heat. Grill chicken for 8-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the centre and the juices run clear.

Note: As with all of my recipes, I strongly recommend using fresh herbs and fresh lemon juice. It makes a world of difference in the flavour of your dishes.

Side Dish Suggestion: Creamy Rosemary Mashed Potatoes

Inspired by: www.plainchicken.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Dzoli said...

Always when you marinate chicken it tastes so much better adn different.Meat becomes more suculent and spices give it extar aroma;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails