Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Raspberry Balsamic Salad



Tonight I was hankering for a different kind of salad. Not the standard head lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green pepper variety. I wanted to spice things up! I knew that I'd love this salad because I adore balsamic and love strawberries and sunflower seeds. I thought that my husband would like it but I didn't expect his reaction. He LOVED it and ended up finishing off the remainder of the salad. I think I have a winner!

Personally, I love the balsamic and strawberry combination ... in fact, when my husband and I were in Italy 3 years ago we went to a Balsamic vinegar tasting and they poured it over strawberries. Delicious!!! I hope you enjoy this salad as much as we did tonight.




Note - May 20, 2010: I used the leftover salad stuff and dressing today for lunch with my husband (pictured above). You can see that I also added some precooked chicken strips and it was awesome. Just a heads up to my fellow carnivores in case you want to add some extra protein and make it a full meal.

Raspberry Balsamic Dressing
1/4 olive or grapeseed oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp raspberry jam (I used seedless)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt

Whisk together dressing ingredients until smooth. Set aside or store in fridge until ready to use. I made my dressing several hours before serving in order for the flavours to blend together.

Salad
6 handfuls of field greens lettuce mix
4 large strawberries, culled and sliced
4 tbsp sunflower seeds
1/2 cup mozzarella or marble cheese, cubed
1/2 cup red seedless grapes, halved (optional)

Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over greens right before serving. Toss to coat.

Serving Suggestion: Serve with chicken marinated in my Chicken Marinade .

Note: Dressing recipe adapted from a recipe on Allrecipes.com.


Linked to:

2 comments:

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

Yum! You had me at "raspberries". I know my readers would love to have your recipe if you'd like to share it at my party!

http://michellelunt.blogspot.com/2011/08/fabulous-friday-linky-party-6.html

Warmly, Michelle

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

Thanks for linking up! I'm featuring you in my favorites post tonight. Feel free to take an "I Was Featured" button. Please come back again this Friday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails