Sunday, 16 May 2010

Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies


I'm always on the lookout for a new cookie. When I saw that this cookie had chunks of Oreos plus chocolate chips I figured it was fate telling me to make this cookie! There was just enough dough in each cookie to hold all of the Oreo and chocolate chips together. Now THAT'S a cookie for a chocoholic like moi! I've even started a new Recipe Category devoted to chocolate (I have 25 chocolatey recipes in it already!).

The only change I made was to decrease the chocolate chips from 1 cup to 3/4 of a cup. I know! Usually against everything that I believe in but I figured the Oreos would more than make up for the missing chips.

My final test to make sure a recipe is great is to have my husband and kids taste test them. I took some samples outside to my kids and husband and they said to put them on the blog. No better kudos than that!

1/2 cup butter, softened
6 tbsp white sugar
6 tbsp brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
11 Oreo cookies, chopped into small chunks
3/4 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet or white chocolate or a mix of both)

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper (my preference).

Cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gently stir in dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Fold in Oreo chunks and chocolate chips.


With a medium melon baller, scoop batter onto prepared baking sheets. Look at how amazing the batter looks with the chunks of the cookies in it! ----->>>>>>>>>



Bake for 10-11 minutes or until cooked but still soft (mine were nicely browned around the edges). Let cool on rack for 3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to completely cool.

Store in an airtight container.

Adapted from http://www.pickypalate.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails