Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Chicken Marinade

This morning I had bought 3 chicken breasts and all I knew was that I wanted my husband to BBQ them because I didn't want to bake them in the kitchen when it was hot outside (it was a beautiful 26C here today). I found a recipe for a marinade but had to tweak it a bit because the amount of oil involved grossed me out and I ran out of soy sauce so made due with what I had. I also changed the seasoning too. With all these changes I'm calling this MY chicken marinade now!

This chicken came off the grill looking amazing and was so juicy!!! Even my kids (who are usually chicken haters unless it is in finger or McNugget form) liked it. I served it with some roasted potatoes and a really tasty mixed green salad that had strawberries, cheese cubes and sunflower seeds in it. I topped the salad with a homemade Raspberry Balsamic Dressing and it was fantastic. My husband finished the salad and kept saying what a wonderful meal it was.

That's the kind of Yummy Noises I like to hear after a meal that, honestly, didn't take that much work. C'mon ... marinating chicken takes 10 minutes of work and throwing some potatoes in a foil pack with some butter and spices then plopping them on the BBQ while whipping up a quick salad. Yes, honey it was exhausting putting together this feast for you (*hand draped over forehead in exhaustion*). But I do it because I love you! Makes up for all of the times I slave away and no one (including me) is fond of the outcome! Enjoy!

1/4 cup grapeseed oil (or vegetable oil)
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp black pepper
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken breasts.

Put chicken breasts into a large Ziploc bag. Pour marinade over chicken. Remove air from bag and close tightly. Keep in fridge (turning and massaging chicken every couple of hours if you can). Allow the chicken to marinate for as long as possible (I marinated for 6 hours but overnight would be best) before BBQ'ing.

Serve with a green salad with Raspberry Balsamic Salad Dressing (recipe on this blog).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails