Monday, 5 April 2010

Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip

This weekend we celebrated Easter at one of my sister's houses. I was asked to bring a dessert for the adults as well as some homemade bread and an appetizer. Always one to want to bring something new, I tried two new recipes.

I found this recipe online and thought it sounded really good. The original recipe said to sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs over top but I skipped that part because I didn't feel that this dish needed it.

This appetizer is really easy to make and can be made ahead of time. I prefer to make dishes like this ahead of time to give the flavours time to blend together. I love the fact that it's a tasty way to get some spinach into a yummy dish. I also used low-fat cream cheese as well as mayonnaise to make it a bit more healthy.

10oz frozen spinach
1 can (12 oz) artichoke hearts, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
12 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Thaw and drain spinach (I pushed the spinach against a fine sieve). In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Place in an 11x7-inch baking dish. Bake in a 375F oven for 25 minutes. Serve with slices of french bread or crackers.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails